Friday, December 28, 2007

I’m waiting… waiting… STILL waiting…

“What are u waiting for?”

I’ve been asked this question by a few friends when they see the personal message I put on my MSN…

“I’m waiting… waiting… STILL waiting…”

What EXACTLY am I waiting for? The answers I gave to my friends varies…
“I’m waiting to go home…”
“I’m waiting for 2007 to end…”
“I’m waiting for the new year to come…”
“I’m waiting for a change…”
and many more…

Their replies? “Oh..”, “oic”, “yeah…” and so on…

But to a friend… whom my answer was “I’m waiting for a change…” I elaborate further on my answer… cuz this friend asked.. “what other changes do you expect? I tot u oredi got ur hair burnt?” hahaha… yeah.. I changed my hairstyle.. dyed it to gold/blonde/whatever colour you may want to name it..

And my answer was…

“I want to change my heart… I need a heart transplant…”

No.. I’m not indicating a physical heart transplant, but a spiritual and emotional heart transplant.

My heart has gone cold… not sure since WHEN, not sure WHAT caused it, not sure WHO caused it… but I know… my heart is COLD……

I’ve shared this with a friend of mine… and I remember repeating this statement.. “my heart is cold…” and I remember this friend saying.. “sometimes, things are to be done not by FEEL, but by WILL…”

Wow! I’m a person who does things based on emotion… I will do it if I FEEL like doing it… so when I hear this from my friend.. I kept quiet…

Another friend who knew about this.. said to me, “Sometimes, it’s a matter of whether you’re willing to change ur heart…”

WILLING to change… the word WILL again…

And as I was typing this… I felt that this statement(I’m waiting… waiting… STILL waiting… ) is not from me.. but from God… cuz He is waiting for me… to come back…

I know I need to do something about this… and I can’t allow myself to fall deeper and deeper… but… I’m still RESISTING the change… cuz I don’t FEEL like doing it… But.. What am I waiting for?

I’m waiting… waiting… STILL waiting…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll still say the same thing "Jesus WILLED to obey the Father in the garden of Gethsemane". Had He not WILLED and depended on His emtion to decide, you and I won't be here today edi. You can make it back :)