Friday, July 18, 2008

I sold it for RM11!!!


"Hey...u still at Metro?"


"I'm now at Kelana Jaya... u still there?"

"Yah... I juz finished talking to Ling Ling!!! Okie... I'm coming now!"


"C ya!"

That was me checking on Christine.


While driving... my hp rang...

"Where are you?"

"I just left Metro la... coming now!"

"Just left Metro? You have only 12 minutes to reach here! U'll surely be late... "

While driving, holding onto my hp and at the same time turned to look at my watch (I know this is dangerous driving... how many hands on the wheel ah? haha..)

"Where got 12 mins??? It's only 7.12pm lah!!! I still have more than 12 mins to reach!!!"

"But my time shows 7.18pm lah! I dun care... dinner on you!"

"Wei!!! NOT FAIR!!! Ok ok... dun wan talk d... see ya there!!!"

That was Allen checking on my whereabouts.


"I'll be running late bout 10min..i hope..haha..sorry."

"Me oso on d way only..c ya la"

"Hey.u guys order firstla.i wan O chien.can order for me dat?thanks..haha.."

"Okie!"

Tat's a few quick smses from Michelle to me while I was still on the road.


That's how our dinner date started... We have arranged to meet at 7.30pm, at Ming Tian Food Court at Taman Megah.

Michelle is back in Malaysia for a month from Perth... semester break. She's pursuing her degree over there.

Allen & Christine were already there when I reached. We sat down at a table in the open air... it's quite a windy nite.. so... it's nice sitting outside.

We ordered a few dishes... then Michelle arrived.

I haven't seen her for... 4 months? Wow... she changed her hairstyle... nice!!!

I got a gift from her.. a pen specially from Australia. How nice of her... "muacks!"

We chatted... catch up with each other on our latest happenings... more of Michelle... her encounter in Australia... the happenings over there. Then... there comes the LAME jokes part... both Allen & Michelle entertained us with some LAME jokes... we all had a good laugh.

Almost 8.45pm, Christine started looking at her watch... "I need to go... I still have some work to finish"

We continued to talk for a while... and the conversation went on and on and on... Finally... about 9.10pm... "I really need to go!", Christine stood up and got ready to leave.

We exchanged goodbyes and walked to our cars respectively. While I was approaching my car.. my phone rang. It was Christine... "Have u left? My car battery died!"

"Oh! I'll come over. Let me call Allen"

I dialled Allen's number while walking towards Christine's car. Before the ringing tone.. I saw Allen's car approaching. I walked over to stop him and mentioned to him that Christine's car battery died.

Allen turned his car around to meet us at where Christine is.

I reached there... helped Christine to find the contact number to the auto assist. She managed to call for help... and the person mentioned RM160 to change battery on the spot.

"RM160, is it ok?" Christine whispered to me while on the phone with the helpdesk fella.

"Ok.. sounds reasonable." As I remembered Allen sharing about his car broke down at the petrol station last week, he changed the car battery to a non-maintenance type for RM220, so, RM160 sounded reasonable to me.

I nodded to her for approval.

Allen arrived. Christine told us that the tow guy will arrive in 45 mins.

So... we decided to go for a drink. "Why not somewhere cool, with air con? We're sweating here", Allen suggested.

We went to Secret Recipe down the road.

After ordered drinks... Allen called to tease Michelle... We heard him saying...

"We're now having 2nd round of drink"

"Oh! It's actually not cuz we wanted to have a 2nd round without you... if u were to "blame" as it were... "blame" it on Christine's car. The battery died."

And finally, Michelle decided to come over and join us for drink, though she had already reached home when Allen called her.

While waiting for Michelle... we chatted.

Then Allen leaned over to me...

"You know I told you about a gal I invited to attend a seminar when I was in the direct sales business? ......" He then went on telling Christine & me the story of what happened... It's nothing romantic... It's just an encounter with a gal who "face black black" although Allen has informed her that he will be abit later to pick her up for the seminar. And the story goes on...

"That gal is just behind you! What a small small world..."

We then joked about guys who has more than 1 gal friends at a time... how they gonna handle this situation.

Michelle arrived. We continued our joke and everyone just laugh in midst of the unexpected "crisis" which happened to Christine 2nite.

The tow guy came.. and to our surprise... He's charging Christine RM300+ for the battery and labour cost!

Initially, she didn't want to get the battery changed yet.. cuz it's too expensive. But after some calculations by a few of us... she decided to get the whole thing done 2nite itself.

"Why not ask the guy whether Christine can trade in the old battery? Since u got yours trade in at RM20!" I suggested to Allen.

Allen then negotiated with the guy. "RM10!", the guys insisted. Allen then continued to put his netotiation skills to good use.. trying to persuade the guy to buy back the old battery at RM20 or at least RM15.

But cuz of price dropped... and other reasons the guy gave. Christine finally accepted to sell her old car battery to the guy for RM10.

3 of us waited at the side while Christine went on to make the necessary payments.


Christine busy handling the necessary payment for 2nite's 'damage'

Allen then pointed to me a gal sitting inside this shop...



Oh! She's one of the youth from our church. Allen waved to her.. but she looked at him shocked. She did not waved back. Maybe she can't recognize us.

The gal then walked out.. I shouted to her. "Hey... you don't recognize us? You're Cathryn rite?" The gal looked again and go... "Oh!!! It's u guys... " She finally recognized us.

While waiting for Christine.. 3 of us were discussing on the blog title we would name 2nite's event... Then, when Christine walked back. She shouted excitedly, "I sold it for RM11!!!"

"Huh???" 3 of us were puzzled.

She then continued to explain that cuz she has RM1 less from the amount she needs to pay... so... the trade in price for the old battery now become RM11!

We all laughed! And I suggested that we should name the blog - "I sold it for RM11!"

I then went onto Christine car as she offered to drop me off at my car cuz I parked quite far away. When I looked at the clock in the car... it showed this...


1.20am? No way we took this long! haha... it was caused by the battery being reset lah!
It's supposed to be 10.20pm. Hehe...


"Thanks guys! Make u all waited! But your sense of humor definitely have made it easier to face such an unexpected 'crisis'. Thank you!! Thank you!!"

Christine's sms to us...

What a memorable nite!



Christine & the unexpected "crisis"... hehehe...


Michelle, Allen & Christine posing for the blog!!! Me? Holding the camera lah!!!

No comments: